BLT Focaccia Appetizers
Bread dough is baked with a topping of tomatoes, crumbled bacon and Monterey Jack cheese. Once baked, the focaccia is topped off with a generous sprinkling of thinly sliced romaine lettuce.
1 (1-pound) loaf frozen white bread dough, thawed
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
4 to 5 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
8 to 10 slices crisply cooked bacon, crumbled
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
4 medium green onions, sliced
1 cup thinly sliced romaine lettuce leaves
- Heat oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
- Press bread dough into greased 15x10x1-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard and pepper in small bowl. Spread evenly over dough.
- Combine tomatoes, bacon, 1 cup cheese and green onions in medium bowl; toss lightly. Sprinkle over dough.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until edges of crust are golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and continue baking just until cheese is melted, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with lettuce. Cut into squares and serve warm.
Makes 32 appetizers.