Baked Zucchini Sticks
These delicious baked zucchini sticks make a great side dish or appetizer.
3 medium-sized zucchini
2 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup white cornmeal
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Grease a baking sheet and set aside.
- Cut each washed and unpeeled zucchini in half, then each lengthwise into 6 spears.
- In a large, shallow bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk and add the garlic.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, chili powder, onion powder and Parmesan cheese.
- Dredge the spears in the flour mixture, then coat with the egg mixture, then coat with the flour mixture again.
- Place the spears on prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot.