Baked Brie in a Golden Crust
Always a party favorite, warm soft Brie oozing from a crisp, golden pastry crust.
Pastry dough for (9-inch) single crust pie*
1 (8-ounce) wheel chilled, ripe Wisconsin Brie cheese
1 large egg, beaten
1 tablespoon snipped chives or thinly sliced green onion
- Roll out pastry dough 1/8-inch thick. Cut out two circles, 7 and 3-inches in diameter.
- Set cheese in middle of 7-inch circle. Wrap and pleat pastry snugly up over side of cheese. Brush top edge with egg.
- Top exposed cheese with chives.
- Place 3-inch pastry circle on top of cheese; press to seal completely.
- Brush entire surface with egg. Press small decorative cutouts of dough on top of cheese, if desired. Brush again with egg.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F (205°C) for about 20 minutes until pastry is crisp and golden. Remove to wire rack and cool about 15 minutes.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
Makes 6 servings.
*Use store bought ready-to-use, or homemade pastry using your favorite recipe, or ours: Basic Pie Crust 101.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.