Baked Fun-tina Cranberry Melts
Warm flaky pastry, creamy fontina cheese, savory prosciutto and sweet, chewy dried cranberries make a tempting combination of flavors and textures.
2 (8-ounce) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
8-ounces fontina, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
2-ounces thinly sliced prosciutto or ham, diced
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary, divided use
1/3 cup dried cranberries or cherries, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Press contents of one can of crescent roll dough onto parchment paper to form a 9 x 12-inch rectangle, taking care to seal seams of dough.
- Top dough with fontina, prosciutto or ham, dried cranberries, 1/2 of the rosemary and sugar.
- On another sheet of parchment, press remaining can of dough into a 9 x 12-inch rectangle. Using parchment paper, transfer dough to cover cheese mixture. Carefully peel away parchment paper. Press seams closed. Sprinkle with remaining rosemary.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 375°F (190°C) or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
- To serve, cut into 12 squares and then cut each square in half diagonally to make 24 pieces.
Makes 24 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the American Dairy Association.