Accompany this colorful cheese terrine with balsamic-dressed salad of frisée, if desired.
3 pounds assorted Wisconsin Soft and Semi-soft cheeses: Smoked Baby Gouda, Brick, Edam, Colby-Jack, Herbed Brie; freeze 1 hour and slice thinly
1 cup finely chopped chervil
12 ounces Wisconsin Mascarpone cheese
1 cup toasted ground walnuts
1/3 cup finely chopped chervil
1/3 cup cracked dried pink peppercorns
1/3 cup cracked dried green peppercorns
- Line 3 1/2 x 10 inch pâté mold with parchment paper.
- In the mold, alternately layer semi-soft cheese, soft cheese, chopped chervil and finish with a semi-soft cheese layer. Cover and weight down with 1 pound can. Chill several hours.
- Carefully take terrine from mold. Remove paper. Place on plate.
- Frost with a thin layer of mascarpone cheese.
- Combine walnuts, chervil and peppercorns. Press onto sides of terrine. Cover and chill.
- To serve, put 1 or 2 thin slices terrine on each plate. Accompany terrine with balsamic-dressed salad of frisée, if desired.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.