Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Succulent shrimp, marinated and quickly
sauteed, are served with a perfectly seasoned lime and cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup lime or orange marmalade
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, stems removed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil - divided use
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled, leaving
tail intact, and deveined
- In a measuring cup whisk together lime
juice, marmalade, garlic, cilantro,
3 tablespoons oil, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, salt and
pepper; reserve 1/3 cup mixture in a small
bowl for dipping.
- In a large zip-lock style plastic bag
combine shrimp with remaining mixture
and marinate, turning occasionally to coat shrimp, for
45 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Drain shrimp and lightly pat dry between
paper towels. In a large non-stick
skillet heat 1/2 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat until
hot; sauté half of shrimp until golden
brown and cooked through, about 1 1/2
minutes on each side. Sauté remaining shrimp in remaining
1/2 tablespoon oil in same manner.
- Serve shrimp with reserved dipping sauce.
Makes about 24 hors d'oeuvres.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.