Deviled Pesto Eggs
Ready-made pesto sauce makes these deviled eggs quick and easy.
6 hard-cooked eggs
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
1 tablespoon pesto sauce
1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Capers for garnish
- Peel eggs and slice in half lengthwise. Remove yolks.
- In a small bowl, mash yolks; add mayonnaise and mustard, blending until smooth.
- Stir in pesto, Parmesan and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into egg white shells and garnish with parsley and capers.
- Keep refrigerated until serving time.
Makes 12 deviled egg appetizers.