Green Olive Pastries
Stuffed green olives are enrobed in cheese pastry and baked.
2 cups (8 ounces) finely shredded Wisconsin Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon paprika
Pimento stuffed olives
- Combine cheese and butter, mixing until well-blended.
- Add combined flour and paprika; mix well.
- Shape 1 teaspoon cheese mixture around each olive, covering completely.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F (205°C) for 15 minutes.
Makes 40 appetizer servings.
Tip: To make ahead, prepare as directed, except for baking. Freeze uncooked pastries on cookie sheet 2 hours; place in plastic bag. When ready to serve, bake at 400°F (205°C) for 18 minutes.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.