Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Highly popular appetizers, your party guests
will love these crispy fried cream cheese-filled jalapenos.
- 24 jalapeno peppers
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs beaten with 1 tablespoon
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Wearing rubber gloves, cut stems off the
jalapenos approximately 1/2-inch from the top. Save
the tops. Using a small knife, remove the seeds and membrane.
- In a small bowl, blend together the cream
cheese, garlic, cilantro, chili powder and shredded
cheddar. Fill the inside of the peppers with the cream cheese
mixture. Over fill with the cheese and
press the top back on each pepper. Wipe off any excess.
- Place the flour in a bowl, the egg/milk
mixture in another, and the bread crumbs in a third. First dredge
the stuffed peppers in flour, second in the egg, and then roll
in the bread crumbs, being sure to
cover the entire pepper. Place on a baking sheet and refrigerate
for 30 minutes.
- Heat approximately 2-inches of oil in
a deep-fryer or saucepan to 350°F (175°C). When the oil is hot, carefully place 3 or 4 breaded
jalapenos at a time in the pan and cook for 1
to 2 minutes, or until golden brown (do not overcook). Drain
on paper towels, and keep warm in a
200°F (95°C) oven. Filling is hot!
Makes 24 poppers.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.