Spicy Cranberry Riblets
These two-bite ribs are perfect for the appetizer table, or to accompany a televised football game. They’re easy to do and will score you big points for entertaining.
3 pounds pork back ribs, cut lengthwise across bones in half (have butcher do this)
1 cup whole cranberry sauce
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
1 teaspoon ground fresh chili paste (available in Oriental section of supermarket)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 250°F (120°C).
- Cut ribs between bones into serving pieces. Place ribs, meaty side up, in single layer in shallow baking pans. Roast uncovered for 1 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix remaining ingredients for sauce.
- Raise oven temperature to 375°F (190°C).
- Brush ribs with half of sauce mixture; bake uncovered 20 minutes, until ribs are tender and sauce is nicely glazed.
- Heat remaining sauce to boiling and serve alongside ribs for dipping.
Makes about 40 appetizers.
Recipe provided courtesy of Pork, Be Inspired®.