Strawberry and Brie Bruschetta
Sweet and savory, cheesy and crunchy — this bruschetta is a sure crowd pleaser!
12 slices French bread, cut 1/2 inch thick
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
12 slices (about 12 ounces) Brie cheese
1 1/2 pounds (about 4 to 5 cups) sliced stemmed California strawberries
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sliced almonds, toasted*
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Spread 1 side of each bread slice with butter; arrange, butter side up, on large baking sheet.
- In small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle 1 teaspoon over each slice of bread. Reserve remaining sugar mixture.
- Toast bread in oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Top each with 1 slice cheese; return to oven.
- Bake an additional 4 to 6 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine strawberries, vanilla and remaining sugar mixture; toss lightly. Place two bruschetta on each serving plate.
- Spoon 1/3 cup strawberry mixture over each; sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings.
*Tip: To toast almonds, spread in even layer on baking sheet. Bake in 350°F (175°C) oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring once or twice for even browning.
Recipe provided courtesy of California Strawberry Commission. ©2003 California Strawberry Commission. All rights reserved. Used with permission.