You don't have to be a vegetarian to enjoy this delightful hors d'oeuvre.
12 large mushrooms
1/2 medium onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Clean at least 12 large mushrooms and remove the stems. Leave the caps aside to be stuffed, and chop the stems for part of the stuffing and dice 1/2 an onion.
- In oil saute the chopped stems, chopped pecans, bread crumbs, and a minced clove of garlic. Now add a teaspoon of lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Add a little more olive oil if the mixture is too dry.
- Now spoon the stuffing into the caps and place them in a non-stick, oven proof pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with minced chives and red bell pepper.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and video provided courtesy of SummerKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.