Walnut Cappuccino Biscotti
Indulge in the rich flavors of espresso and chocolate, while enjoying the savory crunch of the toasted walnuts in these delectable treats.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
4 teaspoons coffee beans, ground for espresso
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup toasted California walnuts, chopped
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/8 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a mixer bowl using a paddle attachment, mix all of the ingredients until a sticky dough is formed.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface. Divide evenly into 2 pieces. Roll the dough into two 12-inch logs. Place on a parchment-lined or greased baking sheet and pat the logs down flat – approximately 3 1/2-inches wide.
- Bake the logs until they spring back when pressed lightly.
- Allow the logs to cool, then using a bread knife, cut into biscotti about 1/2-inch thick. Arrange the biscotti on the baking sheet, flat on their side.
- Bake again, at 350°F (175°C), for 8 more minutes. Let cool. Store in an airtight container.
Makes 48 biscotti.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of California Walnuts.