Bravo's "Top Chef: Chicago", chef and restaurateur Richard Blais offers his signature "Blaised Beef" recipe and encourages all inspired home cooks to get into the kitchen and start making magic.
1 pound beef tenderloin, trimmed
1 sprig fresh rosemary
1 sprig fresh thyme
2 cloves fresh garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons butter or bacon fat
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Dry the filet with paper towels and season aggressively with salt and black pepper.
- Heat olive oil in an oven-proof pan and sear the meat.
- While browning all sides of the filet, add herbs, garlic and butter or bacon fat.
- Baste the filet with the butter/oil mixture until all sides are browned.
- Place pan in a 325°F (160°C) oven and cook until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 135°F.
- Remove from the oven and rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve with roasted potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
Makes 2 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of LGCookBetter.com; through ARA Content.