Cherry Blues Steak Pizza
A pre-baked pizza crust is topped with caramelized onions, butter-sautéed portobello mushrooms, thin slices of beef, dried cherries and crumbled blue cheese.
1 (12-inch) pre-baked pizza crust
1/2 cup dried tart cherries
Butter, as needed
1 1/2 cups onion, sliced thin
2 1/2 cups baby portobello mushrooms, sliced thin
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 cups beef (any tender cut), cooked medium-rare and sliced thin
1 1/2 cups blue cheese, crumbled
- Sauté onions in butter until caramelized; let cool.
- Sauté portobello mushrooms in butter until tender; let cool.
- Brush olive oil evenly over pre-baked pizza crust. Spread onions and mushrooms over pizza crust.
- Arrange slices of beef and cherries over onions and mushrooms. Sprinkle blue cheese over all.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 450°F (230°C) in a standard oven 7 to 9 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Serve as an appetizer or main course.
Makes 1 (12-inch) pizza.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Cherry Marketing Institute, used with permission.