Couldn't Be Easier Brisket
The name says it all when describing this brisket's preparation. Easy yes, and it's as delicious as it is easy to fix, too!
1 (3 to 4 pound) boneless beef brisket
1 bottle chili sauce
1 can cola (do not use diet or sugar-free cola)
1 packet dry onion soup mix
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Combine chili sauce, cola and soup mix.
- Place brisket in a foil-lined baking pan. Pour sauce mixture over brisket and cover with another sheet of foil sealing edges.
- Bake for 3 to 3 1/2 hours until tender.
- Carve brisket against the grain and serve the pan juices as a sauce.
Makes 6 servings.
Tip: Try using one of the commercially available "cooking bags" instead of the foil.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Texas Beef Council and Beef It's Whats For Dinner©.