The name says it all when describing this
brisket's preparation, yes...but you can believe it's as delicious
as it is easy to fix, too!
Couldn't Be Easier
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) boneless beef brisket
1 bottle chili sauce
1 can cola (not diet or sugar-free)
1 packet dry onion soup mix
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Combine chili sauce, cola and soup mix.
- Place brisket in a foil-lined baking pan.
Pour sauce mixture over brisket and cover with another sheet
of foil sealing edges.
- Bake at 300°F for 3 to 3 1/2 hours
- Carve brisket against the grain and serve
the pan juices as a sauce.
Makes 6 servings.
Cook's Tip: Try using one of the commercially
available "cooking bags" instead of the foil.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy
of Texas Beef Council and Beef It's Whats For Dinner.