Hurry-Up Beef and Mixed Vegetable Supper
Recipe courtesy of the The Beef Checkoff.
1 pound cubed steaks
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 package frozen mixed vegetables
1 (12-ounce) jar mushroom gravy
4 cornbread squares or corn muffins
- Cut beef steaks into 1-inch squares.
- In large non to stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add beef and garlic
- Cook and stir 5 to 6 minutes until beef is no longer pink. Do not overcook. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place vegetables in 2 quart microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on HIGH 4 minutes; drain.
- Add vegetables and gravy to beef. Cook over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes or until just heated through.
- Serve over cornbread.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the The Beef Checkoff.