Sirloin Tips with Mushrooms
Tender, oven-braised cubes of sirloin tip steak in a delicious Dijon mushroom cream sauce, are served over butter noodles.
1 1/2 pounds sirloin tips, cubed
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2/3 cup heavy cream
2/3 cup beef broth
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons dried parsley
Hot cooked, buttered noodles
- In a large skillet, brown meat in butter and oil; transfer to a 2-quart baking dish.
- In the same skillet, sauté mushrooms and garlic until mushrooms are tender, about 3 minutes. Pour mushrooms and liquid over meat. Cover and bake at 300°F (150°C) for 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- In small bowl, combine mustard, cornstarch and cream; set aside.
- In skillet, combine broth, vinegar, soy sauce and parsley; bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes; stir in mustard/cream mixture, bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Drain juices from the baking dish into broth mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly. Add beef mixture and combine well.
- Serve over hot buttered noodles.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.