Spicy Beef and Black Beans
Quick and easy south-of-the-border beef that cooks in a roasting bag...and clean up is just as quick and easy!
1 large (14 x 20-inch) oven roasting bag
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 (10.50-ounce) cans diced tomatoes and green chiles
2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 pound boneless beef sirloin, thinly sliced
1 medium onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
Shredded pepper Jack cheese for accompaniment
Tortilla chips for accompaniment
Garnish: tomato slices, chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place oven bag in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Add flour to oven bag; twist end of bag, and shake.
- Drain 1 of the cans of tomatoes and green chiles and add to the bag with the remaining undrained can; squeeze to blend ingredients. Add beans and next 3 ingredients to bag. Arrange ingredients in an even layer.
- Close oven bag with nylon tie; cut 6 (1/2-inch) slits in top of bag.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, and serve over tortilla chips. Garnish, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.