Sweet 'N Spicy Beef Steaks
Sweet and spicy has never been easier! Combine your favorite salsa with ketchup and a little brown sugar and you've got a delicious taste sensation that compliments beef steak perfectly.
4 boneless beef chuck top blade steaks, cut 1-inch thick (about 1 1/2 pounds)
1/2 cup prepared chunky salsa
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- Combine sauce ingredients in small bowl; remove and reserve 1/2 cup.
- Place beef steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, uncovered, 18 to 22 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Brush both sides with remaining sauce during last 5 minutes.
- Serve with reserved sauce.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the Beef Industry Council.