Tenderloin Steaks with Horseradish Cream
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
4 beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1-inch thick (4 ounces each)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- Combine garlic, thyme and pepper; press evenly onto beef steaks.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, covered, 10 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 11 to 15 minutes) for medium rare (145°F | 62.7°C) to medium (160°F | 71.1°C) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine Horseradish Cream ingredients in small bowl; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Season steaks with salt, as desired. Serve with Horseradish Cream.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.