Pink Blueberry Lemonade
Nothing says summertime like plump, juicy blueberries and refreshing lemonade!
1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries - divided use
1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- In 1 quart glass measuring cup, combine sugar, 2 tablespoons of the blueberries and 1/2 cup water. Microwave on high until hot, about 1 minute. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add lemon juice and enough water to make 1 quart. Chill.
- Fill tall glasses with ice cubes, add chilled blueberry mixture and remaining berries, dividing equally. Garnish with lemon slices if desired.
Makes 1 quart; 4 (1-cup) servings.
- To make blueberry ice cubes: Place 3 berries in each of 12 ice cube cups. Fill with water and freeze.
- 36 berries equals about 1/4 cup.
Recipe and photograph are courtesy of the US Highbush Blueberry Council. Used with permission.