A delicious, double the flavor cinnamon-swirled quick bread.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour milk or buttermilk*
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablepoon butter, softened.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- For Bread: Measure all ingredients in order given in large mixing bowl. Beat with electric mixer for 3 minutes. Pour into prepared pan and smooth the surface.
- For Topping: Combine all ingredients until crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping on to bread batter and using a metal spatula, cut in with a light swirling motion to give a marbled effect.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until tested done when a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. After 10 minutes, remove from pan to wire rack to cool.
- Store tightly wrapped.
Makes 1 loaf.
*To make sour milk, add milk to 1 tablespoon white vinegar to measure 1 cup.