Easy Cranberry Yam Bread
The natural sweetness of the yams, with the burst of cranberries, will keep this easy bread tops on everyone's list of favorites.
1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 (15-ounce) can sweet potatoes (yams), drained and mashed or 1 cup fresh sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups biscuit baking mix
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup dried cranberries, or chopped fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the cream cheese and sugar until light.
- Beat in the sweet potato and eggs.
- Stir in the biscuit mix, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cranberries until just blended.
- Turn into a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
Makes 16 slices.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/16 of recipe): CAL 189 (26% from fat); FAT 6g; PROTEIN 4g; CARB 31g; CHOL 37mg; SODIUM 231mg; SATURATED FAT 3g; DIETARY FIBER 1g.
Created by Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission spokesperson, Holly Clegg.
Recipe provided courtesy of Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission.