Olive Cheese Bread
A white yeast bread with cheddar cheese and studded with sliced black olives.
1 (0.25-ounce) packet active dry yeast, or 2 1/4 teaspoons
1 cup warm water
4 cups bread flour
1 teaspoon garlic salt
3/4 cup sour cream
1 cup pitted black olives, sliced
4 ounces cheddar cheese, diced
1 1/2 cups pitted black olives, sliced
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- In a bowl, combine flour, garlic salt, sour cream, and 1 cup sliced black olives. Stir in the yeast mixture and knead to form a soft dough.
- Add diced cheddar cheese and the remaining 1 1/2 cups sliced black olives. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to coat, cover, and allow to rise until doubled; about 1 1/2 hours.
- Punch down, form in a greased loaf pan, and allow to rise again; about 1 hour.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the top is browned.
Makes 1 loaf.