A deliciously moist and flavorful spiced pumpkin nut bread. A terrific treat for fall and wintertime snacking.
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (15-ounce) can of canned pumpkin
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
4 large eggs
1 cup chopped nuts
1 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour three 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2-inch loaf pans.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- Stir together pumpkin, oil, water and eggs in large bowl; gradually add dry ingredients, stirring until well blended.
- Stir in nuts and raisins, if desired.
- Pour evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
Makes 3 loaves.