Rhubarb Pecan Muffins
Orange-scented rhubarb muffins laced with pecans.
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg, slightly beaten
2 teaspoons grated orange peel
1 1/4 cups finely chopped rhubarb
3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a large bowl; set aside.
- In medium bowl combine orange juice, oil, egg and orange peel; mix until blended.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture, stir together, fold in rhubarb and pecans. Spoon into paper-lined muffin tins, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until center is set. Remove from oven. Cool completely on wire racks.
Makes 12 muffins.