Asparagus & Parmesan Frittata For 24
This recipe tor 24 servings is sure to be the star at your next buffet.
72 extra-large egg whites or 6 cups Egg Exchange
1 1/2 cups nonfat or lowfat milk
3/4 cup sliced green onion
1 tablespoon crushed, dried basil or fine herbs
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
6 cups cooked asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces or frozen, thawed asparagus, cut up
4 1/2 cups shredded, lowfat Monterey Jack or Swiss cheese
2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- In an oversized bowl (or two batches) whisk together egg whites, milk, onion, herbs and pepper until well combined. Stir in asparagus and cheese.
- Spray two 13x9x2-inch pans with aerosol cooking spray; pour half of mixture (6 cups) into each pan.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup grated Parmesan over mixture in each pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted off-center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes; cut each frittata into twelve squares.
Makes 24 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/24 of recipe): Fat 15 grams; Calories 246; Saturated 9 grams; Protein 24 grams; Unsaturated 6 grams; Carbohydrates 4 grams; Cholesterol 40 mg.
Recipe provided courtesy of Chino Valley Ranchers.