Frittata with Avocado, Roasted Peppers, Olives and Feta
Recipe courtesy of California Avocado Commission.
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 teaspoon olive oil
8 large eggs
2/3 cup milk
3/4 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup kalamata olives
1/2 cup fire roasted sweet red bell peppers
- Sauté onion in olive oil until soft, about 5 minutes; cool.
- Meanwhile, beat together eggs, milk, oregano and salt; reserve.
- Cut avocado in 1/2-inch dice; gently toss with lemon juice.
- In a well-greased pie pan, evenly scatter avocado, cheese, olives, roasted pepper and sautéed onion over bottom of plate.
- Gently pour reserved egg mixture into pan.
- Bake at 325°F (160°C) until frittata is almost firm in the center, about 35 minutes. Serve.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Avocado Commission.