Quick Cappuccino Coffeecake
Milk chocolate and espresso powder contribute the 'cappuccino' in this delectable coffeecake topped with a coffee liqueur glaze.
10 ounces milk chocolate
1 1/2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease an 8-inch square cake pan and line with parchment paper; set aside.
- Melt chocolate and coffee in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add chocolate mixture, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add flour and beat until smooth and thick.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until tester comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk together sugar and coffee liqueur until smooth. Spread over cake. Cut into squares to serve.
Makes 6 to 9 servings.