Blue Ribbon Strawberry Cake
This terrific recipe for Blue Ribbon Strawberry Cake was submitted by Sandra Rick from Amite, LA.
1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 quart strawberries, hulled and sliced
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 (16-ounce) container frozen whipped dessert topping, thawed
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Bake cake according to package directions in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Remove from oven and punch holes in cake with a fork or skewer.
- Combine berries and sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over warm cake. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile beat dessert topping and condensed milk in a medium bowl. Spread on top of strawberries.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Makes 12 servings.