Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Enjoy a cup of freshly brewed coffee with
this streusel-topped cake loaded with blueberries.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
(unthawed if frozen)
- 4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups milk (or 1 cup if using frozen blueberries)
- Streusel Topping:
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup cold butter
1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
Grease and flour a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- Toss blueberries with 2 tablespoons flour;
- In a medium bowl whisk together 4 cups
flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter
and sugar until light and fluffy; add the eggs, one at a time,
beating well after each addition. Add the flour mixture alternately
with the milk, until well blended. Gently fold in the blueberries
and pour batter into prepared cake pan.
- For streusel, combine sugar, flour and
cinnamon. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter until mixture resembles
fine crumbs. Stir in chopped nuts. Sprinkle streusel evenly over
- Bake for 50 to 50 minutes or until wooden
pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Serve
warm or cool.
Makes 12 servings.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.