Blueberry Crunch Cake
No need to frost this easy cake loaded with blueberries, it comes out of the oven already topped with a crunchy streusel.
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (do not thaw frozen berries)
4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups milk (or 1 cup if using frozen blueberries)
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup cold butter
1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- Toss blueberries with 2 tablespoons flour; set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together 4 cups flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk, until well blended. Gently fold in the blueberries and pour batter into prepared cake pan.
- For streusel, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in chopped nuts. Sprinkle streusel evenly over cake batter.
- Bake for 50 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm or cool.
Makes 12 servings.
Photograph by Tiffany Hodges; property of CooksRecipes.com; copyright © 1999 - 2014.