Blueberry Crunch Cake
No need to frost this easy cake loaded with blueberries, it comes out of the oven already topped with a crunchy streusel.
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (do not thaw frozen berries)
4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups milk (or 1 cup if using frozen blueberries)
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup cold butter
1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- Toss blueberries with 2 tablespoons flour; set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together 4 cups flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk, until well blended. Gently fold in the blueberries and pour batter into prepared cake pan.
- For streusel, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in chopped nuts. Sprinkle streusel evenly over cake batter.
- Bake for 50 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm or cool.
Makes 12 servings.