Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Indeed this is a fabulous homemade chocolate
Bundt cake served with lightly sweetened, almond-scented whipped
cream flecked with bits of bright red chopped maraschino cherries.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/4 teaspoons almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups sour cream
Powdered sugar for sprinkling
Cherry Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease
and flour 12-cup Bundt pan.
- For Cake: In medium bowl, combine flour,
cocoa, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar
in bowl until creamy. Add eggs, almond and vanilla extracts and
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately
with sour cream, beating well. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden
pick inserted comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan
to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- For Cherry Whipped Cream: Beat heavy or
whipping cream, powdered sugar, almond extract and vanilla until
stiff. Stir in maraschino cherries.
- Serve cake with the Cherry Whipped Cream.
Makes 12 servings.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.