Frozen Chocolate-Covered Cappuccino Crunch Cake
This scrumptious cake combines coffee ice cream, pound cake and milk chocolate morsels for a rich and creamy frozen dessert. This dessert was created by Beth Royals of Richmond, VA.
1 (10.75-ounce) frozen pound cake, thawed
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 3/4 cups (11.5 ounce packge) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
4 cups (1 quart) coffee ice cream, softened
1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 3/4 cups coarsely crushed malted milk balls
Frozen whipped topping, thawed (optional)
Coarsely crushed malted milk balls (optional)
- Slice pound cake into 1/8 to 1/4-inch slices. Place half of the slices on bottom of 9-inch springform pan; press down firmly. Set remaining slices aside.
- Bring cream just to a boil in medium saucepan. Remove from heat. Add milk chocolate morsels; let stand 5 minutes. Whisk until well combined and smooth. Pour half of the chocolate mixture over pound cake in pan, spreading evenly to within 1/4-inch of edge of pan. Cover; freeze for 1 1/2 hours or until chocolate is set.
- Combine softened ice cream and whipped topping in large bowl. Fold in 1 3/4 cups crushed malted milk balls. Spread over chocolate layer in pan. Cover; freeze until ice cream is firm, about 2 hours.
- Top ice cream with remaining pound cake slices; press down firmly. Spread remaining chocolate mixture over pound cake. Cover; freeze at least 6 hours.
- To Serve: To serve, remove sides of pan. Garnish with additional whipped dessert topping and sprinkle with crushed malted milk balls, if desired. To cut cake easily, run a knife under hot water and dry with a paper towel before making slices.
Makes 16 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.