Pineapple Cream Cake
This terrific recipe for Pineapple Cream Cake was submitted by Ronnie Rackley.
1 (18.25-ounce) package butter (yellow) cake mix
3 large eggs, beaten
1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 (4-serving size) packages vanilla pudding
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup crushed pineapple drained
1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 (12-ounce) container non-dairy whipped topping
- For Cake: Drain juice from can of mandarin oranges, saving juice. Set oranges aside.
- Mix juice with cake mix, add eggs and mix well with an electric mixer. With a spoon stir in mandarin oranges.
- Grease and flour 3 round pans, then bake according to package directions.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- For Icing: Use juice from can of crushed pineapple and the sweetened condensed milk to prepare pudding mix. Stir in pineapple, then mix remaining ingredients, stirring with a spoon really well.
- Frost cake. Keep refrigerated.
Makes 12 servings.