Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
A bright and colorful chicken stir-fry
with carrots, sugar snap peas and dried chopped prunes in a zesty
Bright 'N Zippy Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves,
cut in 2-inch 'fingers'
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 ounces dried prunes, coarsely chopped
3/4 cup chicken broth, heated
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 carrots, peeled, cut in 1-inch matchsticks
1 leek, sliced thin
2 cups sugar snap peas
1 tablespoon butter
- In medium bowl, place chicken; sprinkle
with lemon peel, lemon juice, salt and pepper, stirring to coat
- In another bowl, combine prunes and chicken
broth and let sit about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spray large frypan with vegetable cooking
spray and heat over medium high temperature. Add chicken and
cook, stirring, about 4 minutes.
- Add carrots, then leek; cook about 1 minute
more. Add sugar snap peas and butter and continue to stir-fry
until chicken is fork-tender and peas are tender crisp, about
- Stir in prunes and broth, separating pieces
of prunes. Cook about 1 minute more or until hot through. Serve
with saffron rice, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National
Chicken Council. Used with permission.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.