Chicken Rice Casserole
This fool-proof chicken and rice casserole won't fail to please the whole family when it comes to taste.
1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
1 cup water
1 cup uncooked long grain rice (not instant)
1 (4.5-ounce) can mushrooms, well drained
Garlic powder to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 (1-ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
6 to 8 chicken breast halves, drumsticks, and/or thighs
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Combine the mushroom soup, celery soup, water, rice, mushrooms, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Pour mixture into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Lay chicken pieces over soup mixture and sprinkle dry onion soup mix over all.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 2 hours. DO NOT lift the foil during baking!
Makes 6 to 8 servings.