A creamy chicken, potato, cheese and broccoli filling is piled high into hollowed out potato shells and baked.
4 large baking potatoes
1/4 cup vegetable oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (or about 4 cups cooked chopped chicken)
1/2 teaspoon salt - divided use
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper - divided use
1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter or margarine, melted
1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- Scrub potatoes thoroughly, and rub skins with oil.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F (205°C) for 1 hour or until tender. Cool potatoes to touch.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F (205°C) for 15 minutes; let cool slightly, and chop.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; carefully scoop out pulp, leaving shells intact. Mash pulp; stir in chicken, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, butter, and next 3 ingredients. Spoon mixture evenly into potato shells, and place on baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Makes 8 stuffed potato halves.
Tip: To reduce baking time, scrub potatoes, and prick several times with a fork. Place 1 inch apart on paper towels. Microwave at HIGH 14 to 17 minutes, turning and rearranging once; let stand 2 minutes.