Chicken Breasts Roasted with Bacon and Pears
in Mustard Cream Sauce
A flavorful, autumn-inspired mixture of ingredients puts this elegant baked chicken dish on a level worthy of company fare.
4 slices bacon, diced
2 onions, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons course grain mustard
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup dry white wine
4 seckel pears, cored and sliced
6 bone-in, skin on chicken breasts halves
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- In medium skillet over medium heat, place bacon and cook until crisp, about 3 minutes. Remove bacon, then add onion and garlic; cook until very soft and sweet, about 8 minutes. Stir in mustard, cream and white wine. Add crumbled bacon pieces.
- Place pear slices in the bottom of 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Place chicken breasts on top of pears. Spoon mustard sauce over chicken; sprinkle with chopped thyme.
- Place chicken in oven and bake 40 to 45 minutes until chicken is brown and cooked through and pears are tender. Baste chicken with sauce as it cooks.
- Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 439; Total Fat: 26g; Saturated Fat: 12g; Total Carbs: 14g; Fiber: 2g.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.