This terrific recipe for Pharaonic Chicken was submitted by Emad Saleh of Fayetteville, Arkansas.
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
2 1/2 teaspoons salt - divided use
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/3 cup olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 1/2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut in 1/2-inch circles
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
4 tablespoons grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- In medium bowl, place allspice, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt, cumin, cinnamon, sugar and olive oil; stir to mix well. Add chicken and marinate 15 minutes.
- Boil potatoes in water to cover and remaining 1 teaspoon salt about 10 minutes or until tender but not soft; drain.
- In large baking pan, place chicken in single layer and bake in 425°F (220°C). oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and arrange potato rings between pieces.
- In small dish, mix together garlic and lemon juice; pour over chicken and potatoes. Return to oven and bake an additional 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven until cheese melts.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.