Sunny Chicken & Black Beans
This terrific recipe for Sunny Chicken & Black Beans was submitted by Laurie Farquhar of Tualatin, Oregon.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
8 mushrooms, quartered
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
1 cup hot water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup nonfat sour cream
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained
Basil sprigs for garnish (optional)
- With palm of hand or meat mallet, slightly flatten chicken breasts.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and mushrooms and sauté about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are lightly browned.
- Push vegetables to edge of pan and add chicken, wine, basil, salt and pepper; cook over medium-low heat about 20 minutes, turning chicken once.
- Soak sun-dried tomatoes in hot water for 10 minutes; drain and dice.
- In small bowl, place cornstarch; add chicken broth, stirring to dissolve.
- Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- To vegetables remaining in pan, add cornstarch, sour cream and black beans. Heat, stirring, about 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Arrange chicken on serving platter, spoon black bean sauce on top and sprinkle with sun-dried tomatoes. Garnish with basil sprigs, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.