Big Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Great big, chewy oatmeal raisin cookies.
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/8 cup vegetable shortening
1 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cup granlated sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups old-fashioned (rolled) oats
2 1/2 cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda in mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Cream shortening with brown sugar and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in reserved flour mixture until just blended. Stir in oats and raisins until just blended. (Do not over mix the dough.)
- Using ice cream scoop, scoop out cookie dough into 4 dozen large balls.
- Place about 6 balls on each lightly greased baking sheet, pressing down until about 1/4-inch thick and 3-inches in diameter.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly, then transfer cookies from sheets to cool completely on racks. Store in tightly sealed container.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.