Chewy Coconut Cookies
Fill the cookie jar up with these buttery, brown sugar coconut cookies.
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and add sugars gradually, beating thoroughly. Add the egg and mix well. Stir in the flour mixture until just blended. Add coconut and vanilla until just incorporated.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet about 3-inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.