Chocolate Iced Marshmallow Cookies
Chocolate cookies topped with a large marshmallow and drizzled with a chocolate icing.
1/2 cup butter
2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
1 large egg
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
1 (16-ounce) package of large marshmallows
6 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cups powdered sugar
4 to 6 tablespoons hot water
- For Cookies: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Melt butter and chocolate in small heavy saucepan over low heat; stir to blend. Remove from heat; cool.
- Beat egg, brown sugar, vanilla and baking soda in large bowl until light and fluffy. Blend in chocolate mixture and flour until smooth. Slowly beat in milk to make light, cake batter-like dough.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls 2-inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until firm in center.
- Cut marshmallows in half. Place halved marshmallow, cut side down, onto each baked cookie. Return to oven one minute or just until marshmallow is warm enough to stick to cookie. Transfer to wire racks to cool. Drizzle with icing when cool.
- For Chocolate Icing: Combine all ingredients in bowl and beat by hand until smooth.
Makes 5 dozen cookies.