Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Chocolate cookies topped with marshmallows
and drizzled with chocolate.
Chocolate Iced Marshmallow
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (16-ounce) package of large marshmallows
- Chocolate Icing:
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 to 6 tablespoons hot water
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
Lightly grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Melt butter and chocolate in small heavy
saucepan over low heat; stir to blend. Remove from
- Beat egg, brown sugar, vanilla and baking
soda in large bowl until light and fluffy. Blend in chocolate mixture and flour until smooth. Slowly
beat in milk to make light, cake batter-like dough.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls 2-inches apart
onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until firm in center.
- Cut marshmallows in half. Place halved
marshmallow, cut side down, onto each baked cookie. Return to oven one minute or just until marshmallow
is warm enough to stick to cookie. Transfer
to wire racks to cool. Drizzle with icing when cool.
- For Chocolate Icing: Combine all ingredients
in bowl and beat by hand until smooth.
Makes 5 dozen.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.