Chewy oatmeal cookies loaded with coconut, dates and crunchy nuts.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1 cup finely chopped dates
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed, cream the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and blend well. Stir in flour mixture until just blended. Fold in oats, coconut, pecans and dates until blended.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2-inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 7 dozen cookies.