Almond Joy Torte
A delicious, gluten-free almond and coconut dessert torte topped with a chocolate glaze.
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1 1/4 cups cold water - divided use
3 cups cooked rice
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/4 cups flaked coconut
1 cup toasted chopped almonds
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips*
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- In small bowl, combine 1/4 cup cold water and gelatin; set aside.
- Combine 1 cup water, rice and sweetened condensed milk in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently; stir in gelatin. Remove from heat; stir in coconut and almonds. Pour rice mixture into a 9-inch springform pan; smooth top.
- Combine chocolate chips and butter in small saucepan. Cook over low heat until blended; stir constantly. Spread chocolate over rice mixture.
- Chill until firm, about 2 hours.
- To serve, run knife around sides of pan; remove sides.
Makes 12 servings.
*Nestle brand semi-sweet morsels are gluten-free.
Recipe provided courtesy of the USA Rice Federation.