A recipe for basic Bavarian, a molded, mousse-like gelatin dessert that can be flavored as desired.
Ingredients:1 cup boiling water
1 (3.25-ounce) package gelatin, any flavor
1 cup cold water
3/4 cup heavy or whipping cream
- Stir boiling water into gelatin in medium bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Stir in cold water. Refrigerate until just slightly thickened, not firm or set.
- In a small bowl, beat heavy cream on high speed until stiff, but not dry.
- Gently fold whipped cream into gelatin mixture.
- Pour into a 4-cup mold or individual molds sprayed with cooking spray.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Unmold onto serving plate. Garnish as desired.
Makes 6 servings.