Spicy low-fat, low-sugar chicken and jalapeno
and bell pepper stir-fry.
Chicken Pepper Skillet
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts,
cut into 1/2-inch strips
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
3 bell peppers (red green and yellow) cut into thin strips
2 medium onions, sliced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
2 teaspoons chopped fresh jalapeno peppers
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil
oven medium-high heat; add chicken and stir-fry until done and
lightly browned, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 15 seconds, stirring
constantly. Add bell pepper strips, sliced onion, cumin, oregano,
and chilies. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Add lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper;
toss to combine well and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories
174, fat 6 g, cholesterol 60 mg, carbohydrate 6 g, sodium 168
Food Exchanges: 3 Low-Fat Meat, 1 Vegetable.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.