Died and Went to Heaven Chocolate Cake
Deliciously moist, low-sugar chocolate cake made even more flavorful by the addition of coffee.
Recipe contest submission by PJ L. of Eden Prairie, Minnesota.
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1/2 cup Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups low-fat buttermilk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup hot strong black coffee
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 10 cup Bundt® pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Blend flour, Splenda® Granulated Sweetener, Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt in large mixing bowl.
- Combine buttermilk, oil, eggs, vanilla extract, and coffee in a small bowl.
- Add flour to mixture, using an electric mixer on medium speed, mix until Smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Pour batter into cake pan or Bundt® pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until an inserted toothpick in center of cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes.
Makes 10 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/10 of recipe): Calories 230 | Calories from Fat 70 | Fat 8g (sat 2.0g) | Cholesterol 45mg | Sodium 410mg | Carbohydrates 33g | Fiber 3g | Sugars 12g | Protein 6g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.