Rolled Chocolate Cookies
This dough handles beautifully, even without chilling.
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup Splenda® Sugar Blend
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup Dutch process cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Optional Garnishes: Royal Icing, decorative candies and colored sugars
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease cookie sheets. Set aside.
- Mix butter with Splenda® Sugar Blend, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to Splenda® Sugar Blend mixture, beating until blended. Do not over beat.
- Place dough on a lightly floured work surface. Divide dough in half; pat each half into a circle.
- Roll one portion to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut with a cookie cutter, and place on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool slightly on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Pipe with Royal Icing and decorate as desired.
Makes 72 cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 cookie without optional garnishes): Calories 60 | Calories from Fat 25 | Fat 3.0g (sat 1.5g) | Cholesterol 15mg | Sodium 15mg | Carbohydrates 8g | Fiber 0g | Sugars 3g | Protein 1g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.